Tuesday 13 January 2009

Opportunities Missed!

I entered into 2 Forex trades on 09-Jan-09 (short AUD/USD, and short USD/JPY). The technical justifications for these trades turn out to be accurate and the trades moved in the correct direction, as predicted. It produced profitable results; but, I just got out way too early!

I exited both these positions after less than a day of openning them and it made a meager A$93 of profit. Had I kept them until today (only 3 days later) I would have made 10 times more - a whopping A$900 in profit! Bummer!

I am kicking myself now and wondering why I got out... Actually, both currency pairs became quite volatile at the time of exit and I didn't want to lose the profit. So, it was the fear of losing money that made me close these really profitable positions (with the benefit of foresight of course).

Oh well, at least I made a bit of money. Nothing worst than losing money. Here are the charts.

Spot AUD/USD Daily Chart:

Spot USD/JPY Daily Chart:

  • A lesson for the future is to stay in the trade if the technical justifications for entering the trade is still valid and the stop loss levels have not been hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers