Monday 15 December 2008

About Me

Hello World!

As this is the first of what I hope to be many long, happy and profitable postings, I think it's a good idea to start off by breaking the ice, so to speak, and introduce myself, my ambitions and talk a bit about the aim of this blog.

Well, where do I start? OK, I live in the land of Oz (that's Australia), and I am an electrical engineer by profession. Have been working for a few years now after finishing Uni and basically getting paid peanuts.

I am a bit short on cash, and can't afford to buy things like a house, my future BMW or that trip around the world. "But you're an electrical engineer, how can you be short on cash?!?" I hear you ask. Let explain...

I've been doing a bit of trading over the last year and a half and, to put it mildly, haven't been doing too well... Alright, I'll admit it, I got burnt like a house on fire and lost a lot of money.

The last 18 months have been one of the most volatile times in the stock market's history. You are either laughing all the way to the bank or feeling sorry for yourself if you are a trader. I know for a fact that most people are feeling sorry for themselves in these times. There is only 1 person that I personally know of that is making a massive amount of money from the markets. I'll tell you more about him in future posts.

My great ambition in life is not to work until I reach retirement age. I want to retire young with a couple of million dollars in my pocket. Then I can do the things that I really enjoy doing, such as spending time with family and friends, make a positive difference to the community, and travel around the world.

Life, to me, is too short to spend around 1/3 of it at work. When you also consider the fact that most of us also spend 1/3 of it sleeping, we only have the remaining 1/3 to do things that really matters to us.

I have decided that working from 9-5 for the next 40 years will not allow me to achieve my ambitions. If I were to make a lot of money and retire young, I would have to create a another stream of income.

After trying out a few business ventures, it seems the best option for me is to make money in the stock market. Although, I've gotten off to a false start, I genuinely believe that a lot of money could be made in the stock market.

So finally, the purpose of this blog is to record and share the strategies I use in the stock market and discuss the back-testing results of these strategies; I'll also publish my actual trading portfolio and activities on the blog, as well as any other useful information relating to making money in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers